TAKE YOUR SEAT AT THE TABLE! WHEREVER THAT TABLE MAY BE! JOIN US TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MENTAL AND METABOLIC HEALTH RECOVERY and THE BREAKTHROUGH! PROGRAMS
Every Wednesday 12 PM EST (9 AM PST)
What will be presented?
This week the Wednesday webinar topic is WILLPOWER IS NOT ENOUGH! We’ll discuss cognitive concepts and behaviors that relate to lifelong eating habits as well as an overview of brain-body connections. This presentation sets the stage for next week’s discussion understanding ADHD in the context of metabolic health disorders.
The ‘Take Your Seat at the Table…Wherever that Table May Be!’ weekly series presents an overview of Breakthrough! and teaching points from the 14-week course specifically designed for concurrent mental and metabolic health treatment and recovery.
Approved by the American Counseling Association, NBCC, NADAAC, and presented to other organizations for professional continuing education, this immersive course is for clients suffering with concurrent mental and metabolic health conditions. By attending these short lunch n learn meetings you’ll:
· Understand attachment styles and how these relate to behaviors.
· Gain a simple tool for identifying mood and eating behavior patterns
· Understand brain – body connections and the dynamics of cognitive restructuring.
· Develop awareness of compulsion and the science of addiction.
· Recognize features of depression and the skills to develop an accurate and strength based sense of yourself.
· Recognize the prevalence of anxiety, stressors and challenges, and strategies to maintain self-assurance in the dace of task saturation
· Understand factors associated with complex PTSD and mindful practices for de-escalation, and processing past vs. present.
· Appreciate personality factors, biases and defense mechanism the lead to distorted thought processing.
· Explore relationships, emotional eating behaviors, strategies for understanding and improving communication.
· Develop awareness of the environment of food, targeted marketing strategies as well as the mindset and tools to avoid impulsive, behaviors.
THIS WEEKS TOPIC: WILLPOWER IS NOT ENOUGH!
For more information please see the company website and join us each week as we kick off 2024!
Dr. Heather Hamilton